If you’re concerned that the concept of road safety has lost its way, here are some facts:
- In 2015 a single speed camera in east London photographed 17,110 drivers.
- Since 2013 the number of average speed cameras has doubled and the UK now has the greatest number in the world.
- In 2015 1.2 million drivers were sent on speed awareness courses – twice the number in 2010.
- Since 2010 the number of police traffic patrols has declined by one third.
- In 2015 there were 8,000 people still driving with 12 points on their licences.
- Between 2010 and 2015 convictions from speed cameras have risen by 43%.
Campaigners claim that road safety is ...
CLICK TO SEE FULL ARTICLE