Quentin Willson Challenges Government. Fuel matters, so why is Oil Down but Fuel still UP!
New polling commissioned by leading fuel campaign group FairFuelUK has dramatically shown that the price of petrol and diesel is still top of people's priority list. The figures, released today, show that that compared to the death of Bin laden, Lords Reform, the AV referendum and the sale of forests, the price of fuel is still the top of people's priority list by a country mile. Of the sample questioned by ComRes, 59% stated that a reduction in fuel prices would make the biggest difference to their life, with the next highest issue scoring only 6%, this being the changes to the NHS.
The summary results were:Which ONE of the following has made, or would make, the most difference to your life?
- A significant reduction in the price of fuel at the pumps = 59%
- The creation of GP-led consortia to commission health services in England & Wales = 6%
- The rejection of the Alternative Vote in the Referendum held on 5th May = 4%
- The sale of forests by the Forestry Commission = 2%
- The death of Osama Bin Laden = 2%
- A change in the way members of the House of Lords are appointed = 1%
- None of theses = 25%
At the same time, public anger is growing as oil prices are dropping but pump prices are still high.
Quentin Willson, leader of FairFuelUK is calling on the Government to get pump prices back on the political agenda as it is clearly people's number one priority. He is demanding that the Government investigate why petrol and diesel pump prices have barely come down when Oil prices have plummeted in recent weeks. Mr Willson said, ‘The moment that Oil prices go up, the pump price rockets! When the Oil price falls, the pump prices stay the same. Why? People are confused and frustrated by this situation. I am calling on the Government to work out what is happening